Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Style Tips For Busy Mamas

Have you worn the same thing three days in a row? Not showered yet today? Are yoga pants your go-to ensemble? 

I hear ya. One of the perks of working outside the home was getting ready and dressed each day, so I felt more confident and attractive. Yes, I realize that's shallow and worldly. Blah blah. The truth is, part of being a great mom, and a confident woman, is feeling attractive and confident in our own skin. To my mind, that doesn't mean looking model-thin, dressing in all the latest styles, or being perfectly coiffed on a daily basis. What it does mean, though, is feeling fit, healthy, and tailored.

So, one of my new goals as a work-from-home mom is to exercise more (which I never had time for previously!), to eat regular, healthy meals with no snacking, and to feel put-together most days. I'm not the most stylish mama, but I do try to keep up with some trends. Like, I finally bought a pair of skinny jeans in May. For 30% off. Awesome.

But shopping is tough with kids in tow. Earlier today, I went shopping with my toddler, C, and the next thing I knew she was running through the store window display at Gap yelling "Open door!" and "Hello!" to all of the passers-by in the mall. Hilarious, yet not all that conducive for savvy shopping.

Enter Stitch Fix, the fashion genius for busy moms, professionals, or whomever.  




I have received three boxes from Stitch Fix, and although I was disappointed with my first box's contents, the next two did not disappoint. Firstly, their customer service is AWESOME. My first box was not really my style, and the sizes were off, so I wrote an email complaining about paying the $20 styling fee required for each box since it was my first go at the service. I received an immediate response waving the $20 fee and offering to send me another box. My second and third boxes were much more to my taste, and I kept two shirts from the box. I would've gladly chosen more items except for budgetary considerations! The beauty of BOTH of my Stitch Fix shirts is that they were FREE. 

 

Each of these shirts is from Stitch Fix. The jeans, shoes, and accessories are my own. Why am I awkwardly laughing in one picture? Because I'm a mom, posing for a picture, to post on the internet. Ridiculous. BUT, it might just earn me some more free Stitch Fix so TOTES WORTH IT. 

Once you sign up for the service, you can share your personalized link about Stitch Fix, and then whenever anyone signs up and receives their first box, you receive a $25 credit. 

Here are the pro's of this service:
  • Ships to your door, and you decide how often you want your "fix."
  • Forces you to take time to decide what your style is. The sign-up page prompts you with images of various styles (Romantic, Preppy, Classic, etc) and then encourages you to make a Pinterest board for your stylist to view.
  • You can tailor the cost of items in your box, and you receive 25% off the entire box if you keep all contents.
  • The boxes get better the more you participate in the service. My third box was rocking.
  • Free shipping and free returns. Just drop it in your mailbox to return garments, check out online with your purchases, and Voila.
Here are the con's of this service.
  • Each box costs $20 for a styling fee. I mean, they have to make money somehow! But, if you choose an item, the $20 fee applies to that item. However, it might take 2-3 boxes for the stylist to understand your style and size.

    So, if you're interested in Stitch Fix, please click on my link to give me some credit! And then, share your own link to build some Stitch Fix moola of your own. Click here to sign up. Thanks in advance for helping me to look less mommyish and more stylish. Because, let's be honest, we might want to spend money on cute clothes for our kids from Boden and Tea Collection, but the little ones don't really care. We, however, gain confidence in spades when we feel cute in a new top. So treat yourself every now and then. Happy Stitch Fixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment