Monday, May 2, 2011

Pining after a monarchy...

Watching the royal wedding made me realize several things: 

  1. I wish we had a monarchy (my American history friends might unfriend me on Facebook and in life for this comment)
  2. The pomp and circumstance was like a small, heart-throb inducing (for me) dose of historical reality. I could just imagine weddings using the same traditions centuries ago!
  3. I still want to move to Europe, even though I do love America and am not un-patriotic.
  4. Brits are so much wittier and more eloquent than Americans. The Middleton's pub-owner friend was hilarious and "cheeky." Just "brilliant" as the Brits would say. The American girls interviewed sounded, well, ignorant and brainless: "I mean, like, it's just a fairy tale. I just, like, really want to see the royal kiss, ya know?" Yikes. 
  5. Barbara Walters is annoying. Maybe she should retire. Or stick to "The View." But I love Robyn from Good Morning America. 
  6. Even royal kids are hilarious. 

Here's to the new couple! May their marriage be long and fruitful! Even if their little bridesmaid was so over the mushiness...



Maybe all little girls think boys have cooties, because my little flower girls shared similar sentiments about blowing mushy kisses to Tucker...


What a riot. Cheers to wedding season!



No comments:

Post a Comment